How To Use MyCape.com
Welcome to myCape.com – your Cape Cod social networking site. Here you can post your favorite Cape Cod photos, videos, start discussions in our forums, post articles or stories about your town, read local blogs and more!! Start sharing now!
- Select your town (drop down list open in new window)
- Click on “Join myCape Now” link in the center of the page
- Create your account with all of the required information
- Once you register your homepage will appear where you can:
- Send a message
- Add a video, photo, or article post
- See if you have messages from others or alerts from our myCape.com moderators
- Become friends with other myCape members
- See if you have any comments on your profile, media or discussions
- If you have any questions on how to post, edit your profile or any other questions please contact Pat Pry your myCape community liason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-862-1543
Send a message
- Click on “send a message” and enter a myCape username of someone in your town or email address of a friend who does not use myCape. Enter in the information you would like sent in your message and click “send”
Add a video, photo or article post
- save your video to your computer
- click on “add a video’ from your homepage
- select video upload, then click on choose file and select the video from your computer
- complete any optional information your would like to add
- click “add video”
- save your photo(s) to your computer
- click on “add a photo” form your homepage
- Choose your file from your computer
- Select if your image is a regular photo, a profile photo or a theme image
- Add any optional information
- Click “add photo”
- click on “add an article post” from your homepage
- title your article
- choose your post format
- add your article and any option information
- click “add article post”
Check your messages and alerts
- when you are on your homepage look to see if the new messages or alerts icons are illuminated – if so, check your messages and alerts
Check comments on your posted items
- when you are on your homepage the comment icon will be illuminated – click to view your comments
Why Do I Have To Register?
- when you are on your homepage, click on “my friends”
- If you have not added friends, click on find friends
- Select a member you would like to be friends with and you will be brought to their profile page
- Click on “add to friends” below their profile picture
- Wait for the other member to confirm and you will become friends
In order for MyCape to be a successful social networking site, we require that you create an account with us. We will not be soliciting your email address to our advertisers or any others. We use our MyCape alert system when we have new improvements or updates we need to share with you and these alerts are located on your MyCape homepage.
What is MyCape.com?
You can make MyCape whatever you want it to be for you – you are not required to post all media types, to put a photo of yourself on your profile or use your name as your username. All we as is that MyCape remain a safe and fun social networking site on Cape Cod.
MyCape.com is a Cape Cod social networking site and is a fun, creative and safe place for students, parents, coaches, teachers and locals to submit photos and videos of sporting events, happenings, academic updates and much more! It is a great site for non-profits to share their success stories and spread the word about events. It’s easy and fun! Join your MyCape town now and start sharing your story!